A cookie is a small data file that is stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website to enable basic or additional functionality of that website.
What cookies do we use?
Emotheo Heritage Hotel uses different types of cookies.
Cookies by function:
- Necessary cookies – they are necessary for the functioning of the website, which cannot function without them. This means that the website cannot be opened or displayed without these cookies. These cookies are used for the purpose of transmission of communication or are necessary for the provision of an information society service that is expressly required from the user of such a service. Also, these cookies enable a basic analysis of web pages with the aim of improving the work of web pages using data that is completely anonymized, i.e. not based on your personal data or data that can be linked to you in any way. Your consent is not required or required for these cookies.
- Functional cookies – they are used to carry out a more advanced analysis of the operation of web pages. These cookies are used to analyze user behavior, and based on the obtained anonymous data, it can be determined what visitors to the website most want and browse, so Emotheo Heritage Hotel is then able to adjust the website and make its content and functionality as easy to use as possible. Your consent is required for these cookies.
- Advertising cookies – they are used to analyze your interests and wishes, and they serve the purpose of notifying you about special and personalized offers, news and events that are organized through online channels (e-mail, internet, online promotions). Your consent is required for these cookies.
Cookies by source:
- First party cookies – come from the website you are viewing, and can be permanent or temporary. With the help of these cookies, websites can store data that will be used again during the next visit to that website.
- Third-party cookies – third-party cookies come from other Internet sites, which are located on the Internet site you are viewing. With the help of these cookies, other Internet sites can track Internet usage on the Internet site you are viewing for marketing or analytical purposes.
Cookies according to duration:
- Permanent cookies – permanent or saved cookies remain on the computer after closing the Internet browser program. With them, websites store information, such as login name and password, language settings or cookie settings, so that you do not have to re-enter them on each subsequent visit. Persistent cookies can remain on your computer or mobile device for days, months, even years.
- Temporary cookies – temporary cookies or session cookies are removed from the computer when the Internet browser is closed. With them, websites store temporary data, such as the last few pages you opened on the website you are visiting or the items in your shopping cart if you are on a website that specializes in online sales.
How to manage cookies?
Every visitor to our website can manage cookies to some extent.
You can always delete the cookies that are saved on your computer, thus preventing the further processing of your personal data through such technology. Each web browser has its own procedure for deleting cookies. Below are links to instructions on how to delete cookies in the most popular web browsers:
Microsoft Edge: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-
Microsoft Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-
Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-gb/safari
Furthermore, if you delete your browsing history in your browser and at the same time turn on the option to delete cookies, you will delete all cookies currently on your device. Also, most browsers today can be set to block the storage of cookies on your device.
Some of our pages display content from external service providers, such as YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
If you do not open this content, third-party cookies will not be stored on your device.
Third parties that provide services on our websites are:
Internet Archive: https://archive.org/about/terms.php
Google Maps: https://www.google.com/intl/en_be/help/terms_maps/
Data protection officer
Emotheo Heritage Hotel has appointed a personal data protection officer who can be contacted at any time by e-mail at email@example.com or by post at EMOTHEO HOTEL d.o.o., Stjepana Radića 20, Imotski, Croatia – for Data Protection Officer (DPO) regarding the issue of personal data protection and for exercising the rights guaranteed by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Changes to cookie rules